If you need a new Disney Challenge, look no further! I have plenty of challenge ideas, which I'm going to attempt myself and publish for you to see. There will be several Drinking Challenges, Park Hopping (this IS Kingdom Hopping isn't it?), Show Challenges, maybe food, and also Character Challeges. Which brings us to today's challenge.
The Challenge: Meet all 11 Disney Princesses in One DayYou must seek out and get photo evidence of meeting Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Rapunzel, Ariel, Merida, Tiana, Belle, Pocahontas, Jamsine, and Mulan (I know Mulan is technically not a princess, but this is a CHALLENGE, so why not shoot for the stars?).
Difficulty: 5 Out of 5 TiarasThis is not an easy task! It is time sensitive and involves some park hopping, but it is still so much fun to attempt.
My Results: I met 8 out of the 11 PrincessesI started bright and early at Magic Kingdom. Due to trouble with the monorail, I didn't actually get to MK until after 9, but that didn't slow me down! I had a plan in my head: get the difficult princesses out of the way first, Merida and Ariel, since they usually have very long lines. And then I would tackle the blondes, Rapunzel, Cinderella, and Aurora and then Tiana before I left for the next park.
|#1.5 "Bert drew me this dress this morning"|
|#3 "I hear it's easy to lose glass slippers off human feet."|
|#3 "Angus and I want to tackle Space Mountain next."|
|#4 "She got a promotion, y'all!"|
|"Minnie Mouse is always trying to get me to wear polka dots."|
|#6 "Have you seen a large white horse running around?"|
|#7 "I don't have a lot of free time. My hair takes a lot of time to brush."|
After I found all the blonde princesses, it was time to park hop. I headed to the monorail, to a tram, to my car parked in the Heroes section. Then I drove over to Animal Kingdom to find Pocahontas, who I don't think I've ever actually SEEN in the parks. Probably because I am never in Animal Kingdom, so I had no idea where she'd be. From the map I thought she'd be in Camp Minnie Mickey, which was unfortunate. There is nothing in Camp Minnie Mickey, besides Minnie, Mickey, and the Lion King show, which I didn't want to see. So I never go there, nor do I ever want to go there.
So I went and Pocahontas was nowhere to be found. My parents called, they were in town, so I invited them to come join my quest. It took them a while to get their butts to AK, so I got a late lunch at Pizzafari. I inhaled a veggie pizza and caesar salad. I was famished. Hunting characters is exhausting. At this point in the day I knew that I wouldn't be able to finish my challenge. Belle, Mulan, and Jasmine were all waiting for me in Epcot, but they stopped making appearances at 3:30-4pm. And I would not be able to make it in time.
But I was in AK and so were my parents, so we had to do Expedition Everest! After that my parents felt invested in my quest, so they helped me figure out where Pocahontas was. Turns out she was near Africa on the opposite side of the Tree of Life. Not at all where I expected her to be. But once I found her, I realized why they put her there...
|#8 "Wingapo, Pocahontas!"|
So she could take the most gorgeous pictures ever! Look how beautiful the Tree of Life looks from this side! She was not easy to find, but I am so glad I did!
Are you ready to accept this challenge?
I definitely think everyone should try this challenge! I NEVER do pictures with characters, but because I was doing the challenge, I HAD to and it was so much fun. And I got so many fun pictures from it. But I do want to suggest a few things:
- Plan ahead and know where you are going. This is time sensitive! Don't waste time getting lost if you can help it.
- Pack snacks/lunch or buy something easy to eat in line. It'll give you something to do in line and is an efficient use of your time.
- Use photopass AND your camera every time! I did this by myself, but was still able to get Cast Members to take a picture on my camera for every princess. I also used my photopass card for everyone. My Ariel pictures did not come out at all, so I was so happy to have done photopass!
- Bring a camera, not just the camera on your phone. It's so much easier to hand a camera than your smartphone to someone. And as a cast member, it's usually easier for us to operate a camera than your smartphone.
- Look cute! I know it sounds totally vain, but next time I'm drawing in my eyebrows. Compared to the princesses, I have none! You're in the presence of royalty, the least you can do is look good.
- Try to play along with their characters and don't just focus on the picture. You never know what they'll say and that's usually the best takeaway from the experience!
On the same day I actually got in line to meet Belle, but she was wearing a cape with her hood up (since it was so cold), so I didn't think the picture was worth it, so I left the line. So I still have yet to meet Belle and Jasmine in person.