Thursday, December 6, 2012

Outskirts of the Kingdom: Favorite Things

These are a few of my favorite things! ...photo credit

I am actually loving living at Vista Way. I like my apartment itself and the complex is very nice. But I especially like the surrounding area, which is good since I'm only moving across the street. So here are just a few of my favorite non-Disney things about living in the Vista Way area:


  • Commute to Work

It takes me about 20 minutes to drive into work (Contemporary). Probably more like 17 minutes honestly. And I get to see the castle as I drive in.

Edit: The drive to Pop Century/All Star is even quicker, about 15 minutes on the dot.

  • Shopping

I actually prefer the outlet mall down the road on International Drive, so if you don't have a car you may not share the same love as I do. The Victoria Secret outlet is my new best friend. I'm also loving Express. I shopped there for the first time just a few weeks ago. The mall closest to Chatham does have a Charlotte Russe though, and I've made a few trips just for that.

  • Chick Fil A

I love and hate this. Chick Fil A is literally neighbors with Vista Way. I go for a run around the complex and all I can smell is chicken. When I have a really exhausting day, I go through the drive thru for my chicken sandwich and a sweet tea, and I am never disappointed. But now I'm trying to cut back.

  • Starbucks

I would describe my perfect day as a Sunday where I don't work. I get up, make a Starbucks run and then head to church. Lucky for me Starbucks is right there! I just applied for part time at Starbucks, since it's right next door to my future apartment, but I've applied to Starbucks in the past and never had any luck, so I'm not holding my breath.

  • Good Food

There is a little sushi place right by Publix (across from Little Lake Bryan). Enough said.

  • Close to Church

I am actually in the market for a new church, since I'm going to be down here full time, but it's hard to beat how close I am to Mary Queen of the Universe. And the shrine is beautiful. I also really like the priest. I think he's from Scotland originally? At least he sounds like it. My biggest disappointment is the lack of singing by the congregation. They have a wonderful choir come in and believe me, it's heavenly. But I come to church to sing, myself, so I hate missing out on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment