Saturday, October 6, 2012

Succeeding in the World: Disney Interviews!

photo credit
If anyone read this blog post about My Journey to the Purple Acceptance Letter, how I got into the College Program, you may have laughed when I suggested to have the phone interview in your car. I was being "lightly" funny about that, but I also was anticipating that while on the College Program, I may have a phone interview at an awkward time. Plus who knows how many roommates I'd have? So the idea of having a phone interview in my car was really not foolish at all. Just practical.

Monday night I had my initial interview for Disney's Management Internships at 10:45pm. Since sometimes these interviews are early, but usually late, I classified this as an "awkward" time. Plus most of my 5 roommates were home, and I like privacy, so I had my phone interview in my car.

I headed out to my car at 10:30pm, re-parked away from my apartment and by a light in the parking lot, which was definitely a good choice. I had to wait a while, since my interview wasn't until 10:45pm and they were running behind on interviews. The recruiter didn't call until 11:00pm. I had to turn on the radio and make myself sing and dance to myself to stay awake and energized, but mostly to keep my voice awake.

Once the recruiter called, I turned on my A game. It ended up being a very quick interview (I didn't realize that until she hung up, and it was only 11:25pm or so, but I'm hoping that's just because it was efficient..), but I felt incredibly good about it. I connected with the recruiter on a personal level and feel like I showed her what a good fit I'd be for the Disney company in a management role.

Questions I was asked:
  • I see on your application that you worked at (insert job), can you tell me about a difficult part of that job?
  • Can you tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult guest or manager?
  • Tell me about a time you had to multitask/Are you able to multitask?
  • Can you handle the Disney Look/Do you have tattoos?
  • Have you ever had a salaried position?

I cannot really remember any more specifics. This is my fourth interview for a Disney internship, so they are all starting to run together, but if you have any questions about the process or if you want advice, let me know! I'm happy to share what I've learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment