Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Running Around the World: The Challenge

photo credit
I've been doing a really good job running while I'm living at home. I log 4-5 miles some days, and it's not even a big deal. That's huge for me. For a girl who used to dread running "The Mile" in gym class in grade school (and yes, that's how we always said it), I have come a long way.

So in order to keep up with my running/fitness/training for the Princess Half Marathon while on the CP, I have created a challenge for myself. I challenge myself to run at ALL of the Walt Disney World Resort hotels.

Okay so what does that really mean? Well, below is the "official" list of the resorts I need to conquer. There are 22; however, some of these resorts can be conquered together. For example I have a run planned which includes Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan, and Dolphin all together. So that's 5 resorts finished at once. Yay!

Resorts to Conquer

  • Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Music Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort
  • Disney's Boardwalk Inn
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort
  • Disney's Polynesian Resort
  • Disney's Pop Century Resort
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
  • Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort
  • Walt Disney World Dolphin
  • Walt Disney World Swan
My plan as of now is to run in the resorts once a week. I don't want to aim too high because I am not sure how exhausted I will be from work. I am assuming pretty exhausted. Besides this list I also want to run at my apartment complex (if feasible), Mickey's Retreat, and around the Downtown Disney resorts. Also I want to make these runs around 4 miles, preferably with only 2-3 laps required. This is probably the biggest part of the challenge because most of the resorts only have 0.8 mile running trails, so I'm going to have to get creative.

If you have any favorite Disney trails or tips, please share them with me! And if you need some motivation to run, watch the RunDisney video below. Maybe it won't give you motivation, but it will sure make you smile!


In Magical Miles,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment