Thursday, August 30, 2012

Outskirts of the Kingdom: Over-Packing!

Yes, that's my Tinkerbell makeup bag..
Honestly, I am typically a feather-light packer. I know, I know, I'm a girl, so that cannot possibly be true. But it is. Some trips I freak out the night before and stuff a bunch more things in my suitcase and feel like I have over packed, but when I compare to my travel companions...I am still miles ahead in the "light packing" competition. Not that's it's a competition. But seriously. I win.

But when it comes to packing for the College Program, what kind of packer am I? Well, right now I cannot tell, but my plan is to bring EVERYTHING I need because I do not want to have to buy a lot once I'm down there. That includes any clothes I think I will want. I know everyone over packs on clothes, but I'd rather have enough/more clothes than need to do laundry every week, since that will not happen. To thy own self be true, and pack enough underwear to last you 3-4 weeks so you don't have to do laundry constantly (That's a Shakespeare quote right? Taming of the CP or something haha).

I know a lot of people want a good packing list to use for their program, so I'm going to list mine below. I think you could definitely use this as a base to delete and add things that you need. Also I hope to write another entry on Packing Lists after I've been on the CP for a while, and let you all know if I packed too much, too little, just right, and any other advice I would've wanted for myself.

My Packing List
Bedroom
Bedding (Twin-comforter, 2 sets of sheets)
2 Pillows and pillow cases
*Comfy mattress pad
Bed risers
2 Pillows and pillow cases
*Comfy mattress pad
Bed risers
Under bed storage
Blankets-2
Coat rack
Pink chair
Storage container (3 drawer)
Lamp 
Fuzzy rung

Electronics
Computer and cord
*TV 
*Router
Ipod, usb cord
Alarm clock(s)
Cell phone and charger
Camera, usb cord
Printer, power cord, usb cord
Extension cords-2

Laundry
Purex sheets
Laundry basket(s)
Hangers
*Iron/board?

Kitchen
Cupcake Tray
*Coffee pot
*Crock pot
Blender
Tupperware
Lunch box for work

Bathroom
Toilet Paper
Shower caddy
Shower curtain (outer)
*Matching rugs
Over door storage
Towels, hand towels, wash cloths-4
Beach towels -3
Hair dryer

*Cleaning Supplies
 -buying once at Disney
Clorox wipes
Shower spray
Dishwasher/dish soap
Toilet bowl cleaner
Toilet brush
Windex and paper towels

Toiletries
Contacts & supplies
Toothbrush/paste/floss
*Shampoo/conditioner
Leave in conditioner
*Body wash
Razors
Deoderant
Lotion
Nail clippers
Sunscreen
Glasses and case

Beauty
Makeup
Makeup remover
Hairbrush
Curling iron/straightner
Hair spray
Assortment of Jewelry

Other
Umbrella, rain coat/boots
Hanging storage for closet
Combination lock
Yoga mat
Exercise ball

I leave you with one question. Chef coat, yay or nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment