Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Kingdom Hopping: What's to come?

It's now 21 Days Until Check In! And in case you doubt me, here's the sign outside my bedroom door confirming this countdown. Is someone getting excited? Is that someone me? You better believe it!
I just wanted to do a quick post about how I'm preparing myself 3 weeks out.

My Preparation for the Kingdom:
I've been watching lots and lots and lots and Disney CP Vlogs and reading and rereading DCP blog posts. I'm learning some pretty interesting things!! I'm also dying to start packing, but I'm making myself wait. I can't use my car like regular if all my Disney stuff is everywhere.

My Work on Kingdom Hopping:
I'm working on some possible artwork to use. Below is the start of a new concept for a layout. It features a symbol from all 4 theme parks, and both water parks (summit plummet coming soon!).
I'm also figuring out what goals I have while I'm living at Disney. I'm trying to make them very simple and easy. I'm only there for 4 months, and I know I'm going to be very busy, so I'm giving myself a break. But one of the goals I'm really excited about is for my "Running around the World" section. I want to run at a different resort every week around 3-5 miles and report back how it is. I'll let you know what trails are worth it, which ones are super busy or provide a little shade, which ones are monotonous, etc.

I'm also going back and forth on wanting to bring a video camera, so I can start posting videos of some of my experiences. I really don't know if I'd love doing it or if it would just be one more thing to worry about... Hmm. I'll keep thinking.

Keep Moving Forward!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment