|Look at those great tan lines!|
Day 1: Swim TestThis will be the evening of your Check-In date. They will let you know at Check-In where and when you will report for your swim test. It is traditionally at Mickey's Retreat at 6pm and lasts about 2 hours. You'll be split into a few different groups to finish the test. The parts of the test includes:
- Swim 200 yards
- Tread water for 2 minutes with hands out of the water
- Retrieve a 10 pound brick from 8 feet water (feet first)
TraditionsI'm a little fuzzy on when you'll have Traditions as a lifeguard. I believe it'll be a few days after Check-In like everyone else. You'll also get your first week schedule at Traditions, which will be training!
3 Days of Lifeguard TrainingAfter successfully passing the swim test (yay!), you will be scheduled for 3 days of lifeguard training. This includes CPR, AED, and Lifeguard training, both classroom and in the pool. You'll be schedule from 8:00am to 5:00pm for these 3 days.
Lifeguard FinalThe culmination of your lifeguard training will be test out day! This is where you'll demonstrate all the lifeguard skills you've learned after the course. This includes:
- CPR Test on an adult, child, and infant
- A Written Test
- Mock Incident Test in pool
As a Disney LifeguardAfter completing all of the above, you will finally be moved to your specific location, whether that's a resort pool or a water park. At your location you'll go through another week of training. Then you'll be a real Disney Lifeguard!
As a Disney Lifeguard you can expect:
- 30 minute rotations
- Constant scanning and roaming at your lifeguard stand
- Cleaning, raking sand, moving lounge chairs, other cleaning
- Being friendly to every guest
- Monthly Inservices (yes, more training!)
- Audits or VAT tests