Tuesday, March 20, 2012

This Is the Girl

photo credit
This is part Disney blog, part my experience during the Disney College Program, so I suppose it is essential that I add some more information about myself, the Disney bloggette!

My name is Julie, I'm 21 years old, and I will graduate from Purdue University with a Bachelors of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management this coming May. I cannot wait for graduation. I have adored college. I love being a college student, the "studying," partying, meeting great people, and have some amazing responsibilities, but I am very ready to move on to some of my other dreams.
That's me and my cat, Frankie.
After graduation in May, I will move home to Indianapolis for a few months, and then in September I'm moving to the Kingdom to complete my first Disney College Program (CP). The Magic Kingdom. In Walt Disney World. And I am so pumped! I am a huge fan of  anything Disney, specifically Walt Disney World. I can thank my mom for that love. My mom and I have been taking road trips to Florida by ourselves since I was in high school to visit family and also the Kingdom along the way. Because of our frequent Disney trips, my mom became a Disney Vacation Club (DVC) member and now we both enjoy all the perks that go along with that.

I have wanted to do the Disney CP since before high school and have been doing research on it for just as long. I actually considered going to a smaller university, just so my chances of getting into the program would be better. I would've hated a smaller university, but that just shows you how badly I have wanted this.

For those who need a little more information on the Disney College Program: The Disney CP has been around since 1985, and it gives college students a chance to work for a well known company, Disney. They promote it saying that it's a great addition to any students resume. The internships are a semester long and can be complete after a college student has completed one semester in college and as late as the semester after graduation, like me! I am participating in the Fall program. My arrival date is September 5 and departure date is January 5 and I will be working as a lifeguard. My dream is to get a professional internship after my program, so that I can get experience in something much more relevant to my degree.

If you have any other questions about the Disney College Program check out the official website or ask me! If I don't know, I can still probably point you in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment